Food Justice Toolkit
Curricula + Resources
Audience: Youth Members
Timeframe 2 hours
1. To talk about the need for Food Justice for our communities’ health and environment.
2. To be able to define a Food System and compare a global industrial system with a local sustainable one.
3. To be able to identify the major players in the U.S. food system and analyze their power.
Audience: Youth Members
Time Length: 2 hours
- To explore the concept of food security in our communities.
- To understand how food justice connects to other struggles for justice.
- To sharpen our public speaking and debate skills around Food Justice.
An Interactive Educational Tool
Community Food Security is a practical concept that gives a fresh breath of life to the anti-hunger movement. In the face of rising hunger and increasing alienation from our food sources, community food secruity is gaining momentum as a movement. Conduct a "Community Food Security 101" workshop and catalyze change in your community.
Free curriculum on thier website as well as full manuals for sale.
Attached here are 7 workshops/activities ranging from 5 mins - 2 hours on topics such as: Food system, local food economy, distribution of world resources, etc.
The Food Project: http://thefoodproject.org/
The Food Project's mission is to create a thoughtful and productive community of youth and adults from diverse backgrounds who work together to build a sustainable food system. Our community produces healthy food for residents of the city and suburbs, provides youth leadership opportunities, and inspires and supports others to create change in their own communities.
Please contact us at:
The Food Project
10 Lewis Street
Lincoln, MA 01773
Lincoln -- (781) 259-8621 -- (781) 259-9659 fax
Boston -- (617) 442-1322 -- (617) 442-7918 fax
North Shore -- (781) 346-6726 -- (781) 347-4319 fax
4 pages of online Food Justice resources covering the following topics:
- Curriculum and Tools
- Food Justice Resources
- US Policy and Information
- Blogs, Articles, Links
- International Organizing
The Real Food Challenge leverages the power of youth and universities to create a healthy, fair and green food system.
- Aimed at college audience, but has lots of youth-friendly tools, resources, blogs.
- Toolbox contains info on: campaign materials, fact sheets, media and communications, food films, real food calculator, and more. http://realfoodchallenge.org/campaigntoolbox#Web_Resources