Oakland Unified School District
The public school system for the city of Oakland, California. We are building America's first Full-Service Community School District where all students graduate from high school as:
1. caring, competent, and critical thinkers
2. fully-informed, engaged and contributing citizens
3. thoughtful adults prepared to succeed in college and career.
Oakland Unified School District (OUSD) will build a Full Service Community District focused on high academic achievement while serving the whole child, eliminating inequity, and providing each child with excellent teachers, every day.
All OUSD students will find joy in their academic experience while graduating with the skills to ensure they are caring, competent, fully-informed, critical thinkers who are prepared for college, career, and community success.
Priority 1: Effective Talent Programs
Priority 2: Accountable School District
Priority 3: Quality Community Schools
• Provide every student with access to a high-quality school
• Ensure each student is prepared for college, career, and community success
• Staff every school with talented individuals committed to working in service of children
• Create a school district that holds itself and its partners accountable for superior outcomes
• Guarantee rigorous instruction in every classroom, every day